Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, video conferences have become the new norm for businesses of all sizes – which is why it is important to understand what the advantages associated with it are.
What is video conferencing?
Video conferencing is a method of communicating using the web to connect a group of people via a live audio and video feed.
How do video conferences work?
Video conferences are held with the help of free video conference software and services such as that offered by MeetingRooms.net.
What are the benefits of video conferences?
Video conferences offer businesses of all sizes a wide range of benefits – no matter what industry or sector they are operating in. Let’s take a closer look at some of the biggest benefits associated with video conferencing are:
- Saves you time and money. In the past, we have all been used to having a face to face meeting – which is fine until you think about the costs associated with them – such as travel costs, hotel costs, and so on. Even if the meeting takes place in an office setting there will still be costs associated with it – especially in terms of man-hours. All of these costs can add up to big numbers – which can be hard to swallow if the meeting turns out to be ineffective. Taking your conference or meeting online with MeetingRoom.net’s free software is a great way to cut down on all of these associated costs.
- No travelling is required. The world is a funny old place at the moment, and a lot of people just don’t want to travel, even with lockdown restrictions easing. Travelling to a meeting can also eat up valuable time, that you could spend doing something productive. Using online conference software can save you lots of travel time, leaving you free to accomplish more important tasks instead.
- Brings everyone together. It may seem an odd thing to say, as more people are working remotely than ever before, but video conferencing can be a great way to bring everyone together – wherever they are in the world.
- More engaging than a phone call. Yes, conferences can be conducted over the telephone, this is one way of effectively communicating, but the benefit that a video call has over just a voice call is that everyone can read each other’s body language with a video call. This is important as research has shown that between 55 and 70% of what we understand comes from being able to read body language.
- Increase in employee productivity. Think about it. If employees are spending less time travelling to meetings, then they have more time to focus on more important tasks. It’s a win-win.
- Helping the environment. Sustainability is a key business issue these days, with many companies working hard to try and reduce their carbon footprint. Transportation accounts for a large percentage of greenhouse gas emissions, and so companies who drive the use of video conferences can dramatically cut down their greenhouse gas emissions (and save money at the same time)
As you can see, free online meeting rooms off you a great way to bring your employees together and increase their productivity while having a direct (and positive) effect on your bottom line. To learn more about how you can host high-quality conferences and meetings for free, contact our sales team today.